Thursday, May 21, 2009

Holy crap! I sold some hand spun yarn!

I found the hanks of hand spun were beginning to accumulate, so I started an Etsy shop with my (future) farm name. You can see my Etsy mini over on the right. I listed two hanks of yarn and some roving on Tuesday. Today I put listed one more hank for sale, and when I logged on this evening I found it had sold! Honestly, I'm friggin' astonished. I expected I would sell some eventually, but I didn't think it would be so quick. I felt unprepared! The yarn I sold was 100 percent alpaca, from the fiber my mentor farm gave me a while back. You can see the alpaca it came from a few posts down (the one about CT Sheep and Wool). I made a little card with a picture of the alpaca who produced the fiber to go in the box with the yarn. The whole thing was too much fun. It was kind of weird packing up the yarn though, knowing I don't get to see what it will become, but I'm glad someone will get to enjoy it.

This is the yarn that is on it's way to a new home.

I dyed the fiber myself in red, orange and yellow.

Then I blended each color together using hand carders.

I spun it long draw and two-plied, and... voila! My first sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment